We are excited to share update on our 6,000 Safe Stoves for Darfur Refugee Mothers program!
Darfur Women Network offers a variety of programs that focus on the empowerment of women and their families through educational and economic opportunities. It is their success that we celebrate and we invite you to join us in reaching our goals for our Safe Stove Program and our Food Security & Agriculture Program.
6,000 Safe Stoves for Darfur Refugee Mothers Update!
When we adopted the safe stoves program, it sounded like hope to thousands of refugees; and it still is. You believe in us and it’s because of that we have been able to make that hope a reality for so many families in Chad.
Here’s what your donations have provided!
- 1000 Darfur families received a Safe Stove through the program
- Women and girls are more protected against sexual assault and violence
- With a 75% reduction of firewood collection, the ecological system has begun to regenerate
- 1000 recipients of stoves and the 6000+ that live around them no longer have threat of open fire burning in their homes as they did with the older stoves.
- 50 refugee families have joined our Economic Empowerment Project
- Women in Chad are now producing safe stoves to earn income to care for their children
- 300+ children received shoes, clothes and food, as well as being protected during the wet rainy season.
- The production group has changed the antiquated perceptions of a woman’s role by allowing them opportunity to have new earning power outside of the home.
- The 50 women are confident, happy, and have high self-esteem because they are able to gain families and community respect.
Please continue your support to start our next 1000 safe stoves to empower Darfur refugee women and girls by donating at this link: https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/protect-empower-refugee-women-and-girls-from-darfur/