Our Nutrition Sessions are back and in full swing! Located at Masjid al Fajr, we are doing classes twice a month, Tuesday’s from 2-4pm.
Come join us! Bring a friend! We are looking forward to seeing you there. For further questions, contact us online or through our website. The lectures are delivered by Kathryn Parrish who is a registered dietitian with 30 year experience working for hospitals, clinics, and communities.
- Tuesday, June 28th—Nutrition Label Reading.
- Tuesday, July 12th—Modify Cultural Recipes for Heart Healthy Options.
- Tuesday, July 26th—Heart Healthy Meal Planning.
- Tuesday, August 9th—Food Portioning for Well-Balanced Nutrition.
- Tuesday, August 23rd—Gardening with Ginny (possible field trip to Nora Community Garden).
- Tuesday, September 6th—Canning/Freezing Tips.
- Tuesday, September 20th—Healthy Benefits of Drinking Water—Good Hydration.
- Tuesday, October 4th—Healthy Global Food.
- Tuesday, October 18th—Healthy Restaurant Eating.
- Tuesday, November 1st—Graduation Dinner Project.